About Estonia Book your Appointment
Estonia is a European country located in the northern region of the Baltic States and gained its independence in 1991 from the Soviet Union. The country is mostly known for its islands and lakes and has a flat topography bordering the Baltic Sea eastern shores. Most of the land in Estonia is either forested or farmed. The language of the country is almost similar to Finnish, but has no other similarity to the other Baltic republic languages such as Russian, Lithuania or Latvia. The traces of association with the USSR are still obvious with almost one quarter of the Estonian citizens still speaking Russian.
Tallinn is the capital city of Estonia and is the best preserved European cities of the medieval era. That is why; tourism is a major boost to the Estonian economy with almost 15 percent of revenue coming through tourists. Other important occupations include food products, chemicals, metals, wood products and engineering. Different people, including the Germans, Swedes, Russians, Poles and Danes have ruled the cuisine of Estonia displays multicultural influence as the country. You can see this influence in other aspects of the Estonian life.
Studying in Estonia gives you a good opportunity to be a part of a renowned European university. It ensures that you are now a part of the international group of students with all the brilliant prospects to move ahead. You can easily find information about study in Estonia on the country's official site. This site will also offer you relevant details about study opportunities in Estonia. Studying in Estonia gives you a good opportunity to be a part of a renowned European university. It ensures that you are now a part of the international group of students with all the brilliant prospects to move ahead. You can easily find information about study in Estonia on the country's official site. This site will also offer you relevant details about study opportunities in Estonia.
The social atmosphere in Estonia is open and flexible, and you can easily settle down in this country without much hassle.
Why study in Estonia?
Although most of the students who head out of the country for higher studies have the normal destinations like US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, there are countries in Europe, especially the Nordic countries which offer not just opportunities at par with the popular destinations but are far more pocket friendly.
Rapid Development, Good Infrastructure
After its separation from USSR in 1991, Estonia has made rapid progress in last more than two decades. Good industrial development, availability of state-of-the-art -infrastructure, skilled manpower, flexible yet success-oriented policies have ensured that the country grows and progresses with each step. Thus, Estonia has a lot to offer to a foreign student who wants to excel in studies and make a mark for himself in his field.
Peaceful atmosphere, amiable and polite population makes it easier for a foreigner to settle in Estonia without any hassles. Students from all over the world apply to Estonian Universities to study courses in different topics such as science, arts, history, geography, IT and more.
World Class Faculties and Teaching
Estonia has a rich history of learning and education and its oldest education system dates back to 13th and 14th century. However, today all its universities teach modern and contemporary education that is relevant to modern times. One of the major reasons why students aspire to study in Estonia is that the faculties here are of international standard and have made remarkable impact in their own field. This makes studying more inspiring and motivating for the students.
1) Application form (complete on screen or print out and fill in by hand). Instructions for filling in the application form.
2) Annex 2 to the application form (complete on screen or print out and fill in by hand).
3) Annex 3 to the application form (complete on screen or print out and fill in by hand).
4) Annex 4 to the application form (complete on screen or print out and fill in by hand, the confirmation must be valid for 2 months).
5) Curriculum Vitae, unless an applicant is under 15 years of age (complete on screen or print out and fill in by hand).
6) Applicant’s written justification as to why he/she wishes to settle to study in Estonia.
7) A document which certifies the legal income of the applicant or his/her family members, who ensure his/her subsistence (except if the purpose of studies is participation in voluntary service of a youth project or program acknowledged by the Ministry of Education and Science).
8) A language skills certificate issued by the university or institution of professional higher education (except the case of participation in preparatory courses).
9) An identity document.
10) 1 colour photo with measures 40x50 mm.
11) A document certifying the payment of the state fee.
12) An insurance contract.
13) A practical training contract concluded between an educational institution or student organisation and an alien if an alien arrives to the country for participation in practical training.
14) A copy of the voluntary service contract concluded between the applicant and a youth association, if an applicant shall come to the state for voluntary service.
Additional documents when applying for a residence permit for a minor child under age 15:
An applicant in the status of long-term resident of another EU Member State is required to prove such status upon applying for the residence permit.
Decision on granting or refusal of residence permit
Granting or refusal of temporary residence permit shall be decided within 2 months from the acceptance of the application. A temporary residence permit may be granted for up to 1 year.
In case of granting a residence permit, a residence card shall be issued to the applicant in person within 30 days at the foreign representation of the Republic of Estonia or at the Service Office stated on the application form. Arrival of the residence card in a foreign representation may take more time.
Residence card for a minor under 15 years of age shall be issued to his/her legal representative.
Alien, who holds a residence permit for study, can be employed in Estonia without holding a separate permit for employment, provided that his or her employment shall not interfere with the studies.
Embassy of Estonia in New Delhi
C15, Malcha Marg, Chanakyapuri , New Delhi - 110021
Tel: +91 (0) 11 4948 8650
India - Honorary Consuls
Estonian Honorary Consul in Mumbai
Consul: Mr. Sunil Khanna
Address: 312 T.V. Industrial Estate 248/A, S.K. Ahire Marge, Worli, Mumbai - 400030
Tel: +91 22 2496 8882, +91 22 2496 8883, +91 22 2496 8884, +91 22 2496 8885
Operating region: Maharastra, Gujarati and Goa
Estonian Honorary Consul in Bangalore
Consul: Mr. Pravin Kumar Goenka
Address: No.6, M.G.Road, Mittal Towers , Block 'B'- 809, Bangalore - 560001
Tel: +918025580081, +918041133937, +918025583351
Operating region: State of Karnataka